World Wide Fund for Nature-India (WWF India) is one of the leading conservation organizations in the country. It was founded with the express objective of ensuring the conservation of the country’s wildlife and natural habitats.
WWF India is a science-based organization which addresses issues such as the conservation of species and its habitats, climate change, water, and environmental education, among many others. WWF India Secretariat is an autonomous office based in New Delhi. WWF International is located in Gland in Switzerland. A specialist office in Brussels works on the policies and activities of the European Union, while the second office in Washington DC, works with global institutions involved with international economic issues, such as the World Bank.
Selected intern’s responsibilities include:
1. Initiating interaction in your peer circle/circle of influence which involves your relatives, references from parents, and friends, among others to raise awareness about nature conservation and your leadership program and goals
1. Working on building a mega outreach online, pledge, or challenge drive to promote WWF-India’s cause and inspire people to live a sustainable life
2. Inspiring and influencing people to support you to achieve your fundraising goals to support WWF-India’s conservation work
1. Working on mobilizing funds to support WWF-India’s efforts of conservation
2. Acting by resolving environment-related issues in your school/college, communities, and within the family, e.g. minimizing your water wastage, electricity wastage, paper wastage, recycling, and up-cycling
1. Working on making an impact by raising as much funds to make sure wildlife biodiversity is protected and at the same time, poaching and selling of illegal wildlife is curbed
2. Minimizing environmental impacts by incorporating sustainability into your lifestyle by becoming aware and raising awareness of the impact of one’s choices in food, products, and energy use
Only those candidates can apply who:
1. are available for the work from home job/internship
2. can start the work from home job/internship between 15th Oct’20 and 19th Nov’20
3. are available for duration of 6 weeks
4. have relevant skills and interests
1. Should be available for 6 weeks starting from 5th November 2020
2. Students from Delhi NCR, Mumbai, Bangalore, and Hyderabad will be preferred
This position is open only to students from the 10th to 12th grades and 1st-year college students/dropouts.